The American Classical League
The National Junior Classical League
Excellence Through Classics
860 NW Washington Blvd., Suite A, Hamilton, OH 45013
(513) 529-7741 · Fax (513) 529-7742 · email@example.com
The impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is being felt around the world. This event, first and foremost, has all of us focused on the safety and health of our families, friends, and colleagues. It is also creating challenges that are impacting organizations of all sizes.
ACL and JCL are evaluating the viability of summer’s ACL Institute and NJCL Convention. We will observe all local, state and federal directives to protect everyone.
ACL is taking the following steps to minimize the impact to our members as a result of this situation and maximize our efforts to keep employees and event participants safe:
- ACL Office: The ACL Office is monitoring the developing situation to gauge the impact on our events this summer. If the situation in Hamilton, Ohio, warrants closing the office, ACL staff members will be able to work remotely to maintain our service to and communications with our members.
- Event cancellation: ACL and JCL have event insurance to give some protection against acts of god that would cause an event to be cancelled. Note that insurance does not cover fear or threat of a communicable disease.
- Individual cancellation: ACL and JCL have adjusted the cancellation policy for this summer’s events to allow individuals to cancel with no penalty up to the time when we need to make firm commitments with our hosts. Individual participants should decide for themselves what sort of trip insurance they might need to cover those costs.
- Event interruption: ACL and JCL have developed emergency preparedness plans in connection with the host institutions if something should happen while we are on campus. These plans include communications with parents of JCL Convention attendees.
Members are encouraged to consult the advice from experts at the World Health Organization and the Center for Disease Control.
Please contact Sherwin Little, ACL Executive Director, with any concerns you may have.
The ACL Institute refund policy is located at the bottom of the registration page.
The NJCL Convention Refund Policy is in the COST section of the registration page